Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Workout for the New Year

As of today, I have exactly one month to reach my goal of 40 by 40.  That is, lose 40 pounds by the time I turn 40.

I was doing great with my goal until a couple of serious colds and a bum knee kind of put me out of  commission for a few weeks.  (I won't even talk about the amount of garbage I ate over the week I had off before Christmas.)

As it stands right now, I have to lose about 8 pounds in the next five weeks.  Is it possible?  Only if I do everything I can to reach that goal.

For this reason, I am going to take it up a level.

I have various workouts that I follow to some degree.  From C25K to Hundred Push-Ups to Scooby's Workshop.  Lately, I've been reading "Primal Blueprint Fitness" (PBF) by Mark Sisson.  I'm not necessarily interested in the Primal (or Paleo) way of eating - especially since I have become what I call a "weekday vegetarian" and feel pretty good - but he offers fantastic tips on workouts.

So, based on the PBF Workout Schedule - with other resources mixed in - here is my workout for the month of January.

Monday (Lift Heavy Things)
PT Pyramid (10 Minutes)
Walk/Jog 1 Mile (15 Minutes)
Upper Body Weights (30 Minutes)

Tuesday (Move Slowly)
Abs (10 Minutes)
Boxing Workout - Adapted from this one (20 Minutes)
Swim/Water Running (20 minutes)
Sauna (10 Minutes)

Wednesday (Sprint)
Walk 3/4 Lap, Sprint 1/4 Lap, Repeat for 13 Laps (About 15 minutes)

Thursday (Lift Heavy Things)
PT Pyramid (10 Minutes)
Stationary Bike (20 Minutes)
Lower Body Weights (30 Minutes)

Friday (Move Slowly)
Abs (10 Minutes)
Walk/Jog 3 Miles (About 45 Minutes)

Saturday (Play)
PT Pyramid
Wii

Sunday (Rest)

I can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I must approve all comments before they are posted. (You can thank spammers for that.)