Friday, January 6, 2012

Why Wait?


As you know, I'm a sucker for a good burger.  My favorite burger of all-time is Fuddruckers' Works: bacon, grilled mushrooms and cheese.  (I special order it with Swiss cheese.) 
Unfortunately, they closed all the Fuddruckers here in Utah, so I had to find another tasty burger to eat on special occasions.   That's when I found the Red Robin Burnin' Love Burger™: a cayenne-seasoned burger, topped with Pepper Jack cheese, served on a jalapeño-cornmeal kaiser roll, with chipotle mayo, salsa and fried jalapeño coins.  My mouth is watering just thinking of it.
As much as I love that burger, I hate going to Red Robin for lunch.  First I have to drive there, get out of the car and go into the  restaurant, wait in line to be seated, get seated and wait for the server to give me their spiel about today's specials, order my food and then wait for what seems like an eternity for them to cook a burger.  (I won't even mention the whole waiting for the check.)
It's so much easier to just drive across the street to the In-N-Out and get a Double-Double (Animal Style) and snarf it down in the comfort of my truck.  (Who cares if half of it ends up on my shirt &/or the car seat?)
I hate to wait, especially for something I really like.
I have found, however, that I have no problem waiting for things I don't like: the day after a three-day weekend, the doctor, the next Julia Roberts film.
You, probably, are in that same category.  In fact, some of you right now may be thinking, "I really need to stop reading this and go to the gym."  And then the mini you dressed as a devil shows up and says, "Ah, what the heck!  You can go to the gym later."
My question to you is, "Why wait?"
Perhaps, you've been psyched to workout, but you have decided to wait to start your new plan on Monday.
Why wait?
Maybe you're saying, "Tomorrow I will stop smoking."
Why wait?
Haven't we all waited long enough to change our lives?  There is no better time to start than right now!
So stop reading this blog and get moving! 
Why wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I must approve all comments before they are posted. (You can thank spammers for that.)